Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Picking out the essentials for a 16-year-olds room

Mary Clay decided she wanted her room to be pink. So it is pink. Yesterday, I had the opportunity and privilege of taking her to Belk's to pick out her linens for her bed. She's not my child but she could be Hannah. Always having an opinion, always wanting to please, always thinking about how much things cost. 


She had in her mind celery green for a bedspread. I told her that was a good choice and that I ordered her 600 thread count sheets, which meant nothing to her (I'm a sheet snob). Then we found a really soft blanket that really didn't match but had puppy dogs on it and she liked it. Lastly, there was a fuzzy pillow. All were on sale and reasonable and all were purchased. She is her daddy's child: aware of everything, sensitive and as sweet as any sixteen-year-old you'd ever encounter.


We than made the infamous trip to Lowe's that I wrote about yesterday. I learned all kinds of things about her. She helped me pick out everything. I miss my daughters but she is so very refreshing it's overwhelming. We got home and watched "The Piano" and "Legally Blonde." She spent the night and let me hug on her this morning. We're bonding over the house that will be part of her home.


This afternoon we went to lunch and ran errands and talked and talked. It's all about relationships even in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment